- Changed all caption text from images to TextMeshPro objects. It required writing some fade in/out coroutines but works a lot nicer and uses less ram.
- Added TextMeshPro animation routines.
- Altered subtitle player routine for video player so it removes itself if you skip a video early. This required adding a new Stop() routine to the subtitle player.
- Changed title cards on transition scenes to TextMeshPro game objects rather than separate GUIs with images.
- Altered credit text materials in “title/intro_c” sequence by adding glow, shadow effects, etc.
- Changed “sometime later” game object in “outsidediner” scene to a TextMeshPro object.
- Fixed bug where buttons sounds would play even when they were not visible in main menu during the menu introduction.
OLDER CHANGELOG (0.3.6)
- Re-coded autosave function to improve performance and also fixed an alignment issue with the cassette sprite at 16:10 aspect ratio.
- Re-aligned title text so it renders correctly at 16:10 aspect ratio.
- Fixed autosave cassette in intro scene rendering at an incorrect position at 16:10 aspect ratio.
- Fixed an audio issue where music would overlap if you restored your game at the diner entrance and would not destroy itself.
- Adjusted more scroll bounds/room bounds in scenes to make the camera zoom in and out even smoother.
- You could see Mike’s “Outside Diner” walking animation in the “EntranceDiner” scene when you looked at the bum. It would appear when the “waving” Mike disappeared during the interaction.
- Added camera zoom at the beginning of the “EntranceDiner” scene.
- Removed XenoPrefs config creation due to it not being compatible with Linux or macOS out of the box anymore. Replaced it using PlayerPrefs which integrated already into Unity.
- Fixed the “graphics detail check” routine, it wasn’t activating correctly due to the way the activate boolean was changing. Resolved now.
- Fixed graphics detail not adjusted immediately after changing it in the “settings” menu.
- Adjusted word wrap length of subtitle font when watching the “news reporter” sequences in “insidediner”.
- Fixed autosave routine not resetting after it completes. This would glitch out the next time it was executed and it would just play a never-ending sound of a cassette and there would be no visual cue.
IMPORTANT FOR ALL PLAYERS
CURRENTLY, WHEN YOU GET TO THE ROOFTOP AT THE PARTY SCENE YOU CANNOT PROGRESS FURTHER AND THE GAME WILL BUG OUT, THERE IS MORE CONTENT - IT IS JUST NOT CURRENTLY LINKED TILL ALL ASSETS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED FOR THAT ACT. JUST PRESS F1 TO EXIT BACK TO THE MAIN MENU IF IT BUGS OUT.
If you have any queries, suggestions or construction feedback email me at:
Or alternatively, join our Discord and talk to us there at:
Thanks for supporting this project, it means the world to me. Hopefully, you will hear again from 15BiT in the next week and a bit 🙂
Dean Thomson (Lead developer of Road to Nowhere)