- Refined disclaimer screen at start of game with a new video animation and replaced old text with new textmesh pro game objects.
- Re-worked video distribution within the game, instead of having raw video files in StreamingAssets it is now worked into a resources file which allows more options when compiling for all platforms. An example of this would be mp4 files for MacOS, WebM for Windows and Linux.
OLDER CHANGELOG (0.3.8)
- The cursors now animate and pulsate when over a hotspot, this will help players who struggle to
define when the cursor changes to the appropriate action.
- Added more alignment code to certain UI elements to help with 16:10 aspect ratio displays. (mostly MacOS)
- Added a new song when viewing the “After the Fall” game box located in the Balcony in Act 3.
- Added more camera zooms to Balcony scene in Act 3.
- Added new ambience sounds to Katrina’s kitchen.
- Re-factored auto-save routine and placement of cassette animation.
- The news reporter will disappear after she goes crazy from the television in the background.
- Optimised memory usage and overall game size by 500mb.
- Cleaned up masking of sprites in “Katrina’s Kitchen”.
- Fixed some serious speech bubble bugs in “Diner Entrance” and “Psychologist” Act 2 scenes.
- Cleaned up “intro/credit” sequence by removing noise from video file and using Unity shaders instead.
IMPORTANT FOR ALL PLAYERS
CURRENTLY, WHEN YOU GET TO THE ROOFTOP AT THE PARTY SCENE YOU CANNOT PROGRESS FURTHER AND THE GAME WILL BUG OUT, THERE IS MORE CONTENT - IT IS JUST NOT CURRENTLY LINKED TILL ALL ASSETS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED FOR THAT ACT. JUST PRESS F1 TO EXIT BACK TO THE MAIN MENU IF IT BUGS OUT.
If you have any queries, suggestions or construction feedback email me at:
Or alternatively, join our Discord and talk to us there at:
OR OR OR… you can keep track of development on our public development/issue board at:
Thanks for supporting this project, it means the world to me. Hopefully, you will hear again from 15BiT in the next week and a bit 🙂
Dean Thomson (Lead developer of Road to Nowhere)